Monday, January 25, 2010

swastika

the swastika as we all know is one of the oldest symbols (read icons) in history.
It has been claimed by many people, such as everyone's favorite nutter Charlie Manson.
One of the interesting things about the swastika to me is it's ability to be reinvented throughout history. Hitler took a giant leap forward for destroying the credibility of the symbol, but to me I think it would be interesting to see it re-imagined in another couple of hundred years without the connotations of genocide and tyranny.


this first pic I saw on someone else's blog too, but I felt that it was a fantastic example of the many different usages of this ancient symbol.




this next one strikes me as hilarious.


Given recent times this one just seems appropriate.



while looking around on the interwebs I found this page full of American usages of the swastika.

swastika

No comments:

Post a Comment