Sunday, January 31, 2010

comix



I have never thought about comics like this before.
He correlation between an exterior world and an internal simplification or relationship is
an amazing idea that I can readily jump on board with. I am really interested in reading more of McCloud's work. I posted a few examples of my interactions with comics.





my mom worked at the magazine rack in the navy exchange when i was in first and second grade. The earliest comics I remember reading were Heavy Metal and Conan.



this comic stuck with me so well that I even remember the issue number and i have not seen it in like 15 years. I think it relates well with McClouds writing becuase there are no words in the entire issue. G.I. Joe #21 by Larry Hama



When I think about the abstraction of eyes I immediately go back to the old Sunday strips of
Lil' Orphan Annie by Howard Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment